How to Change Screen Color Mode
Depending on the speed of your computer, you may significantly speed up the screen scrolling by changing your computer's color palette from High Color (16 bit) or True Color (24 or 32 bit) to 256 Color (8 bit).
For example, you'll probably notice a speed improvement if you have a slower computer than a Pentium 120 (with a fast video card), when switching from High Color to 256 Color. With True Color, you'll probably notice a speed improvement when you switch to 256 Color, if you have a slower computer than a Pentium 200 (with a fast video card).
1) Press the START button (usually located at bottom left corner of computer
2) Select the SETTINGS item.
3) Select the CONTROL PANEL.
4) Double click the DISPLAY icon.
5) Select the SETTINGS tab.
6) Change the setting in the COLOR PALETTE to 256 Color.
7) Click the OK button.